At Camp Kanata, we want people to be well and do good. This summer, we invite our overnight campers to do good for our neighbors. Did you know that each summer food pantries see a significant drop in donations? According to the North Carolina Association of Feeding America Food Banks, one in four children in the state is food insecure.
That's why are encouraging our overnight camp families to participate in our food drive that benefits Tri-Area Ministry. TAM is the largest Food Pantry in the Wake Forest, Youngsville, and Rolesville area serving 1,200+ families each month.
Weekly Food Drive Details
- Bring three non-perishable food items with you to Camp on Opening Day.
- Drop them off at the Gear Store near the Dining Hall and Health Center.
- The cabin that brings the most food will be recognized at the end of each week!
Frequently Needed Items
- Peanut Butter (plastic jars only, please)
- Plain Pasta (Spaghetti, elbows, etc.)
- Macaroni and Cheese
Be well and do good.